Monday, June 17, 2013

LORAC Tantalizer Baked Bronzer Swatches and Review

I finally feel like pulling out some of my darker bronzers since the last frost date for my garden has passed and it is really starting to feel like summer.  One of my very favorites for summer is the LORAC Tantalizer Baked Bronzer (I bought it last year I think).



This bronzer is packaged in a pretty substantial feeling compact and swivels open to reveal the bronzer and a wide brush underneath.  It is really cool.  It has a mirror on the underside making it fairly travel friendly (although it is fairly chunky).





The marbling in this is beautiful.  It has light and dark tan colors with lots of gold shimmer.  On the skin it reads fairly coppery.


This is a very shimmery, very pigmented bronzer.  It is gorgeous, and it works well for the face, but it is awesome on the body for a dark glow, and also makes a beautiful eyeshadow.

indoor light

flash

natural light
Because this has so much shimmer and pigment, I have to be kind of careful with it so I don't end up looking like a bronze disco ball (I tend to be heavy handed with blush).  I like to apply this with the brush that comes with it because it isn't too dense.  I apply it to the tops of the cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and in the center of my forehead  (like you would for a highlighter).  I'll use a matte bronzer (like Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer) to blend with it so that I get a little color on the rest of my face.  I bet this would look amazing on medium, tan, and darker skin tones.

Here, I applied it with the included brush (natural light).
I'm also wearing a Vinyl Bronze lipgloss by Rimmel (discontinued).



Using this as bronzer and eyeshadow makes a very pretty monochromatic look.

Milani came out with some baked bronzers for this summer that are packaged just like this.  I can't say if they are dupes of the color since I haven't tried them, but they sure look like they could be.

The full size bronzer is $32 and the mini size is $7.  (The mini is perfect if you want to use this as an eyeshadow primarily--price and size-wise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment