Thursday, June 20, 2013

Super Smokey Look and Tutorial

I was inspired by some YouTube videos I watched recently (like Tanya Burr and the Pixiwoo girls) to try and use more makeup all in one look (like contour, blush, and highlighter--I usually do bronzer or blush and rarely use highlighter).  I quite like how it turned out.  I'm also trying to get up my nerve to try out false lashes.  They make it look so easy.




Face:  Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation
          Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
          NARS Bronzer in Laguna
          Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
          Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter in Rose Illumination (limited edition)

Brows:  Benefit Browzings in Medium

Eyes:  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
          Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Loaded
          Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked
          Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
          Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow in Lazy Afternoon
          E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner in Black
          Tarina Tarantino Hyperliner in Tommy Jet
          Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara in Very Black

Lips:  Milani Color Statement Lipliner in Nude
         Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N1
         Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Peroxide
   
For the eyes, I started with the NYX Black Bean pencil (matte black), and applied it all over as a base. Then I patted Urban Decay's Loaded (a shimmery black-based forest green) over Black Bean.  I blended out those two using Urban Decay's Naked (light matte tan) and Sephora's Lazy Afternoon (matte vanilla) eyeshadow, and I put a little of Urban Decay's Virgin shadow (light shimmery vanilla) on my tear duct.  I lined my upper and lower lashes with E.L.F. cream eyeliner, and patted more Loaded over the lower lash line.  I lined my water line with Tarina Tarantino's eyeliner in Tommy Jet (black) and applied 2 heavy coats of Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara.


NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Loaded, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Naked, Sephora eyeshadow in Lazy Afternoon, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Virgin
NARS Laguna Bronzer, Tarte Blush in Dollface, Elizabeth Arden Rose Illumination Highlighter
Milani Lipliner in Nude, Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N1, Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Peroxide
What has inspired you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment