Friday, June 7, 2013

Tarte Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection Swatches and Review

Something I picked up during the Chic Week sale at Sephora was the Tarte Gifts From The Lipstick Tree Achiote Color Collection.  I saw it when it came out last summer and put it on my wish list, but decided not to buy it.  Then, once it was gone (it was limited edition last year), I was really sorry I didn't get it.  So, when I saw it was brought back this summer, I decided I had to have it.  It says on Sephora's website that it is still limited edition, so maybe it's here just for the summer.


The blush is very long wearing, as all of the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blushes are, and it is a completely matte, dark coral with a little coolness to it.



The lip luster is a little darker and warmer than the blush, and it contains gold shimmer.  It has a minty smell and cooling sensation on the lips.  It wears about 3 hours on me and feel nicely moisturizing.  It is a twist-up self-sharpening chubby crayon.



The Maracuja lip gloss matches the color of the blush, but with golden shimmer in it.  It is a fairly well pigmented gloss.  It also has the minty smell and cooling sensation on the lips like the lip luster.  The gloss is pretty think and only a little sticky.  It is long wearing for a gloss, I think because of the thickness.  It has a brush for application.



I love the blush and the lip luster.  The Maracuja lipgloss is less appealing to me, and I think part of it is the packaging.  It is really pretty to look at with the flowers on the ends and the gloss color showing through the clear part in the middle, but in order to dispense the gloss you have to click the end of the pen a bunch of times.  Not twist it, but push it down.  I find it either gets too much gloss flowing, or not enough.  Plus the clicking is not exactly quiet.

Swatches from left:  Amazonian Clay Blush in Achiote, Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Achiote, Maracuja Lip Gloss in Achiote (natural light)
(with flash)
(indoor light)

Wearing Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Achiote and Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Achiote
Tarte Maracuja Lip Gloss in Achiote
Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Achiote

The Lipsurgence lip luster in Achiote is available by itself, but the blush and Maracuja lip gloss don't seem to be sold other than in this kit.  The collection is $42.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment