Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall Favorites: Eyeshadow Pencils

I'm sure that I've mentioned before that I love eyeshadow pencils.  They are so easy to use and are great for a quick wash of color, as a base to intensify a powder shadow, or even as a liner.  At least that's how I use them!  These are the pencils (I think of them more as crayons) that I see getting quite a bit of use this autumn.




Sephora 12 Hour Wear Jumbo Liners in Kaki, Green Shimmer, and Marine: these are so creamy and long-wearing.  They are gorgeous on their own and blend beautifully.
   Kaki--golden olive green
   Green Shimmer--shimmery emerald green
   Marine--rich royal blue

 From left:  Kaki, Green Shimmer, Marine




Urban Decay24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Mercury: this is a very long-wearing gunmetal silver

 Urban Decay Shadow Pencil in Mercury



Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hour Wear Eyeshadow in Royal Purple and Brown Deluxe:  Wow, these are creamy!  They are so easy to blend with a finger or a brush to soften the edges.
   Royal Purple--matte (no shimmer) true purple (not too blue or too red)
   Brown Deluxe--shimmery bronzy brown with a tiny bit of sparkle

 From left:  Royal Purple, Brown Deluxe



Stila Smudge Crayon in Smoke: this claims to be a primer, shadow, and liner in one.  I'm not sure about the primer part, because I get a tiny bit of creasing after a few hours without one, but no problems with one.  This is also creamy and soft.  Smoke is a shimmery taupe.

 Stila Smudge Crayon in Smoke


Thanks for visiting!  I'd love to hear about your favorite eyeshadow crayons!

6 comments:

  1. The Milani ones look the best... they're probably also the cheapest, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the cheapest at around $7. They are a steal!

      Delete
  2. Avon has some nice eye pencils (I call them crayons, too), but these seem to have a nice creamy texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Avon crayons. Honestly, I haven't tried many Avon products, but their holiday collections always tempt me...

      Delete
  3. Oooh, nice! Loving the look of the Milani pencils especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they add colors to their Shadow Eyezzzz collection.

      Delete