Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Purple Eyes of the Day

I really need to come up with better names for my EotD posts.  Maybe today should be "punchy purple" except I'm not sure how punchy this look is.  It's also on the bluish side--maybe this is what people call blurple?




Eyes:
          Revlon Cream Eyeshadow Quad in Orchids (light lavender color)

           MAC Parfait Amour

          Sea Witch from the Sephora Ariel Storylook palette

           Wet 'n' Wild Eyeshadow Single in Creme Brulee (which I recently realized is
                    just "Brulee" in english)

Cheeks:  Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate
              Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush (pink color)

Lips:  Revlon Color Burst Lipgloss in Orchid

Erm, I'm not sure what my bangs are doing...
This actually started out with lighter purples (with just the Revlon cream shadow and MAC Parfait Amour), but I wanted something darker, so I added Sea Witch.

This is what I started with.

Now that I'm seeing the eye makeup in the photos, I'm not sure how much I like it.  I wish I had added a color to the crease or blended out the purple a little more.  Ah well, that's what's great about makeup--it washes right off!

from left:  Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer, Too Faced Sweethearts blush, Wet 'n' Wild Creme Brulee, Revlon cream shadow from the Orchids quad, MAC Parfait Amour, Sea Witch, Revlon Orchid lipgloss

Thanks for visiting, and have a beautiful day!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, so pretty! Purples looks lovely on your eyes. Have wanted Parfait Amour for a while :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Parfait Amour seems to have a little bit of a blue shift that makes it kind of an unusual color.

      Delete
  2. I love the purple (blurple?) but it is a bit extreme. You need to wear something that matches it - a scarf, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely. A fashion accessory of some sort. A scarf would be perfect.

      Delete