Saturday, September 28, 2013

Art Prize 2013

ArtPrize is an art competition that takes place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan annually.  There are pieces of art (entries into the competition) everywhere in the city as well as 3 museums, and it's all free and open to the public.  There is all kinds of art on display, and there is so much to see that it is impossible to see it all in one day. My mom and I went to see as much of it as we could on thursday.


I wore a beautiful scarf that my sister brought back from India (she studied there a few years ago) as a gift for me.  The colors of the scarf were the inspiration for my makeup.







Products:  Eyes--NYX Love in Paris palette in Pardon My French
                             top left color: all over the moving lid
                             bottom right color: all over moving lid (intensified the color)
                             top middle color: highlight under the brow and inner corner
                             middle color: outer v and crease
                     

NYX Love in Paris Pardon My French palette 

                         Sephora Contour eye pencil 12 HR wear in Fairytale: lower waterline
                       
                         Benefit They're Real Mascara
             
                 Brows--Benefit Browzings in Medium

                 Cheeks--Elizabeth Arden powder blush in Tearose (discontinued formula)

                 Lips--Ulta Lipstick in Wild Honey


Ulta Lipstick in Wild Honey, Sephora Contour eye liner in Fairytale, Elizabeth Arden blush in Tearose



I didn't take as many photos of art as I thought, but here are a few of my favorite pieces...






We had a great time, but were pretty tuckered out by the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment