Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Review

I've been using the Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer (in the color Bare) for some time now (like a year at least).  It does everything I want it to, so I haven't bothered to try a BB or CC cream yet.


Stila says:  This revolutionary oil-free, tinted moisturizer multitasks as a skin-hydrating, skintone-perfecting, SPF-protecting complexion enhancer. The micro-fine light diffusing pigments create a sheer wash of natural color and help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Its oil-free formula melts right into the skin and dries down, creating a gorgeous glow without the tackiness or greasiness. 

Other key benefits include:
  • Oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 protection
  • Water-resistant
  • Light-diffusing pigments help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Ginseng root extract and Gingko Biloba Leaf extract provide potent antioxidant benefits and help prevent premature aging


It has broad spectrum sunscreen SPF 20 in the form of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.  It also claims to be water resistant for up to 80 minutes, which is kind of unusual.

I find this quite hydrating and my skin never feels like it isn't getting enough moisture.  It is sort of a light cream texture that doesn't feel too slick or slippery, and it dries to a satin finish that looks natural.  I do use a setting powder, just because I tend to get oily in the t-zone after a few hours.  I like the fact that because it uses mineral sunscreens (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) I can use this around my eyes and not worry about irritation or stinging.

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer swatch in Bare
It has sheer to light coverage, which I prefer for everyday.  I find that it provides enough coverage and I often skip concealer (unless I really need it around the eyes) and just wear this.  It tones down any redness quite well and it seems to make my pores look a little less noticeable.


I also like that this has anti-aging skincare ingredients.  It is chock full of antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E, ginseng and ginko biloba extracts, as well as soothing antioxidants like chamomile and green tea extracts.  (Antioxidants protect the skin from oxidative stress that damages and ages the skin.)

Stila's Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer is a wonderful tinted moisturizer that protects the skin, provides lightweight moisture, and evens out skin tone well.  I expect to repurchase this (again) when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment