Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Fancy Face of the Day

So, this look isn't particularly fancy, but the makeup I used is.  No drugstore products used for this FotD.






Eyes: Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion
          from the NARS Narsissist Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette
                    --- Himalia (shimmery bronze) all over the lid and lower lash line
                    --- Europa (peach)in the crease
                    --- Andromeda (ivory) under the brow and in the inner corner
          Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer (black) on the waterlines and upper lashes
          Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara


Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz brow pencil in Auburn


Face: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
          NARS Creamy Concealer
          Sephora 8-Hour Mattifying Compact Fondation

Cheeks: Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer
              Tom Ford Cheek Color in Love Lust

Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lip pencil in Pillow Talk
          Marc Jacobs Love Marc Lip Gel in Have We Met?
          NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm

from left: NARS Andromeda, Europa, Himalia eyeshadows, Tom Ford Love Lust blush, Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip pencil, Marc Jacobs Have We Met lipstick, NARS Orgasm Lipgloss


Do you need to spend this much on makeup?  Naw.  But is sure is fun to wear fancy stuff.


I'm next going to do a full face of drugstore makeup, and hopefully a full face of indie makeup at some point.

Do you like to wear all your expensive makeup at once, or do you prefer a mix of high end and drugstore stuff?

13 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! That Tom Ford blush is really something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! You make me want to use the NARS palette again tomorrow! I have pretty much almost all the products listed here so I'll attempt to recreate this look! Wish me luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Jaa! I'm absolutely tickled that you would want to recreate this look! Let me know if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually use a mix of high end and drugstore stuff, I have to say. I actually had to think about using all my expensive stuff. I'm not sure why that is. Actually, the lip gloss was a promo/gift from Sephora. Thank you, Margo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Erin! The Tom Ford blush gives such a nice "glow" and sheen. I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a pretty makeup look! I usually wear a mixture of High end and drugstore makeup products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful look as always. I can't wait to see your Indie makeup FOTD! And I'm also reminded to break out my NARS palette. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually usually wear a mix, too. Drugstore makeup is so good these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO PRETTY! This complements your face and skin so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I like to mix it up, but it does look like fun to do an entire face of "fancy" makeup. I may have to try that if I have all of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of feel weird using all expensive stuff. Like I'm way too spoiled or something. I get over it, though! lol

    ReplyDelete