Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Shimmer Swatches and Review

I'm always on the hunt for a good moisturizing lipstick since my lips are usually pretty dry (I tend to chew on them as a nervous habit--I should really just exfoliate them with a good scrub and leave them alone!).  I thought I would try Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick because Rimmel makes some great claims about the formula.  

Rimmel says:  Ingredients
Lips so cared for, true colour is maximised! Maximised, radiant colour. Innovative formula with 3 super Moisturisers. Lips feel up to 70% more hydrated and up to 60% smoother! SPF 20, Vitamins A, C and E for protected lips.


I chose Coral Shimmer which looked like the perfect color for spring and summer (or any time of year I feel like wearing coral).

This is a really beautiful pinky coral with gold shimmer.  I think it looks very pretty with a pinky coral or pinky peach blush like NARS Orgasm.



It is somewhat sheer, lightweight, and has a thin texture.  It has a really strong smell that to me smells sort of floral-y and sunscreen-y and kind of skin lotion-y all at the same time (I'm guessing the sunscreen in it probably has something to do with the smell).  The scent dissipates after a few minutes, but the first few minutes are kind of unpleasant.  It feels slightly moisturizing and not at all drying.  It is quite and glossy and kind of slippery.

indoor light
indoor light
flash
natural light
natural light
no color

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Shimmer
Of note, Rimmel makes one of the few lipsticks at the drugstore with sunscreen.  Too bad it isn't a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects from UVA and UVB rays--it only protects from the UVB.

I think this is quite a gorgeous color, but the smell is definitely noticeable, which is disappointing.  If you are sensitive to scents you will want to avoid the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment