Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in No. 5 Shiney Moment Review and Swatches

I've been wanting to try more of the Sephora collection makeup since they have updated and reformulated many of the products they offer, so I picked up one of the Sephora Collection Rouge Shine lipsticks during the Chic Week sale.  


Sephora says:  A moisturizing lipstick with a rich, glossy shine. 

The lipstick is packaged in a sleek black tube with a clear bottom so you can see the color in the tube.  The number (but not the name) of the color is on a sticker on the inside of the tube.  The bullet has a Sephora S on it, which I think looks really cool.



I decided to try No. 5 Shiney Moment (their spelling of shiny) which is described as a semi-sheer peach pink with iridescent shimmer on the Sephora website.


I think this color is more of a sparkling nude with a hint of peach that might lean a little frosty on the lips.  It is quite shiny and glossy.  It has some very fine glitter in it that gives the lipstick a slightly gritty texture. It has a faint fruity scent that dissipates a few minutes after application.  It is kind of slippery and only wears for about 2-3 hours, and  feels moisturizing while I'm wearing it, but once it has worn off my lips feel dry again.  

indoor light (no flash)
(with flash)


I think this is a very pretty light nude color that really shimmers and sparkles.  I was hoping it would have more pink in it from the color description, but I suppose that's buying online for you!



1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try any Sephora brand lipsticks but this one looks beautiful. Taking a look next time Im in Sephora:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete