Thursday, April 4, 2013

Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Review

Laura Mercier is known for her foundations, tinted moisturizers, and skin perfecting makeup techniques.  I've wanted to try her tinted moisturizer for ages, so I finally bought one.  For some reason, I decided to try the illuminating version (probably because I read a good review of it on Beautypedia.com).

Laura Mercier's website says:  A lightweight, buildable sheer foundation formula that delivers a youthful, radiant finish, while protecting skin from the damaging rays of the sun with broad spectrum SPF 20 UVA/UVB sunscreen protection. 


This is called "illuminating" for a reason.  It is really glowy and verges on being shimmery.  I feel like almost too much so, at least for my liking (I mean, I can actually see some "sparkliness" coming off my hands when I wash them after applying this).  Now, maybe this would work better for dry skin or for people who feel like their skin is dull and wants it to look more radiant, but I feel like it just makes my slightly oily skin too shiny.  I haven't tried it as a highlighter and maybe it would work well for that purpose, but I prefer to use my tinted moisturizers all over as a simple base to even out my skintone.

The formula itself it quite excellent.  It has a wonderfully creamy, slightly thick texture that feels very hydrating, and dries to a natural (not matte or dewy) finish.  It is gentle on the skin, and uses titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the broad spectrum sunscreen ingredients.  It's also got some anti-oxidants to provide some anti-aging benefits.

I have to say I didn't like this, but only because it is so "luminous".  It may work beautifully on someone else's skin, and someone who prefers a more glowing look.

Since I like the actual feel of it on the skin, and the skin beneficial ingredients included, I think I might try her regular tinted moisturizer or maybe even the oil-free formula once I'm finished with my Stila tinted moisturizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment