Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Favorite Makeup Removal Products

I have to admit I'm a little lazy when removing my makeup.  I prefer using pre-moistened makeup removing pads and cleansing cloths rather than using removers you have to put on cotton balls and such.  I keep them on my beside table so that if I'm too tired to wash my face (it happens!) I will at least remember to remove my makeup.



I first use Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover pads, which are oil based.  I prefer an oil-based remover since it seems to dissolve the eye makeup better than an oil-free remover.  Plus I like the moisturizing feel.

Next, I use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes which are impregnated with cleanser that doesn't require rinsing (some cleansing cloths contain ingredients you need to rinse off or they will cause irritation).

Sometimes I stop at that step and don't bother to wash my face if I'm feeling lazy.  However, if I feel like wore a good amount of makeup that day, I will always wash my face.

For cleansing I use the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and a soft washcloth.  I use my Clarisonic brush in the shower in the morning for exfoliation even though I know it is recommended for thorough makeup removal.  I was using an Olay Regenerist purifying cleanser, but it seems to have been discontinued, so I switched to the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

I have been using these same makeup removal products for ages and repurchase them over and over.  They don't irritate my skin and keep it nice and clear.

Do you have any favorite makeup removers?

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    http://nstylebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award_9578.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete