Monday, April 29, 2013

NYX Roll-On Shimmer in Nude Swatches and Review

I love sparkly, shimmery makeup.  NYX makes some loose pigments with a roll-on applicator that are right up my alley.  They say you can use these on the eyes, face, or the body.


NYX says:   Loose powder with intense shimmer and glitter. Simply apply to your desired body part by rolling on the product and control the intensity of the pigment yourself! Easily blend the shimmer powder using a brush or clean fingers and take with you everywhere you go for added sparkle.

These are packaged in a see-through tube with a roller ball top and a black cap.  The roller ball allows for direct application to the eyes or skin.  Or, if you want to avoid too much fall-out, you can put some of the pigment on your hand and pick it up with a brush to apply it.


Nude is a warm coppery gold that blends out to a slightly gold sparkle.

indoor light
with flash
outdoor light
blended out
The glitter in this is quite fine, and they are very soft and easy to blend.  They sheer out nicely for a wash of sparkle, they layer nicely over a sticky base, or you can add a little glitter in the center of the lid over any regular eyeshadow to add some highlight.  This does crease when worn alone without a primer after about 3-4 hours.

This seems a little too sparkly for a highlighter on the face for my liking, but it would be fun on the collarbones for a night out.

I like to wear this on the eyes with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere as a base so the pigment really sticks to the eye, and it intensifies the color.

from left:  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere, NYX Roll-On Shimmer in Nude layered over  Cashmere
I also want to try this over a non-shimmery lipstick in the middle of the lower lip to add some dimension and cool sparkliness, but I'm not sure if it would be safe (it doesn't say you can't, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere to try it on your lips).  I guess if I try not to eat my lips...

NYX Roll-On Shimmer in Nude layered over Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sorbet
(doesn't that just look so pretty?)
These loose pigments come in 16 colors ranging from blues and greens, to pinks and purples, as well as neutral colors.  I have my eye on salmon, a "salmon pink with gold glitter" as NYX describes it (looks kind of rose gold from swatches I've seen).  These retail for $4.00.

I love this for a really metallic, sparkly, glittery fun eye look.


No comments:

Post a Comment