Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dior Addict Gloss in Bed of Roses (#576) Swatches and Review

Dior reformulated their Addict glosses for spring 2013.  I had some Dior glosses years ago and loved them, so I thought I would try one of the new ones.  I chose Bed of Roses, which is described as a petal pink shimmer on the Sephora website.


Dior says (via the Sephora website):  Addict Gloss delivers brilliant shine and a volumizing effect in two-dozen dazzling shades. The smoothing and hydrating formula comes in three finishes: sparkling, pearly, or pure. Wear it alone or pair it with your favorite Dior Lipstick for an instant pop of color and shine!

The formula is non-sticky, medium-weight (I've worn both thinner and thicker glosses), very shiny, and well pigmented.  I was impressed by how much color this gives.  It feel quite moisturizing and lasts 3-4 hours, which I think is quite good for a gloss.  It is packaged in a clear tube with a silver cap and is nice and weighty.  It has a short brush applicator, which I like since it allows for precise application.  It is not scented and doesn't have any taste.  I absolutely love it.


Bed of Roses (#576) is a slightly warm, somewhat bright pink with silver shimmer.  I'm sort of surprised it's described as petal pink since that would make me think it was a light sort of baby pink, but I suppose it could be interpreted as a rose petal pink color.


Dior Addict Gloss in Bed of Roses (#576) Swatch (indoor light)

(with flash)

(sunlight)


lip swatch!

These are different from the Dior Addict Ultra glosses, which I think are no longer available.

This is a gorgeous, luxurious gloss!  Some of the coral colors are calling to me...

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this and I'm so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing it everyday since I got it!

    ReplyDelete