Friday, November 28, 2014

What's New?

First off, I apologize for the complete radio silence for the past couple of weeks, but I have been quite under the weather with a bout of bronchitis.

I took this photo November 13th.  Too soon for snow!

Anyhow, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving (for those of you who celebrate!)!  I had a very laid back day with my husband at home.  Even though I am still feeling crummy, I did manage to make us a very mediocre Thanksgiving dinner.


Some very exciting news: we got a new furnace!

Shiny new furnace!

Old (ancient) furnace

We put off buying one last year, but this year the yearly inspection revealed a crack in one of the face plates, which is pretty dangerous.  Besides, the old furnace was built in 1983, and it was rather inefficient.  I'm guessing it was older than many of you, dear readers!  The new furnace is over 96% efficient and Energy Star rated.  Fancy!

In other news, I bought some stuff during the Sephora sale (after my birthday was over, so I didn't include it in my birthday haul post).  Unfortunately, I have been feeling so poorly that I haven't played with any of it yet.  


So, that's what's new with me.  How have you been?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now! I was born in early 1984 so one could say I was "built" in 1983 - farewell, furnace twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been good hun thanks and welcome back. You will not regret that Laura Mercier Caviar Stick set...its AMAZING! xo

    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary International Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC and NYX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, furnace twin! The new one is keeping our house nice and toasty. Not that the other one didn't do its job (clearly -- we kept it long enough!), but the new once cycles on and off more so it keeps the house a more even temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a little time to play with the Caviar Stick set, and I absolutely love it! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete