Monday, November 3, 2014

New Technology

Man, I feel like I am behind on the blogging front, both posting and reading/commenting on my favorite blogs.  I'm sorry it's been taking me so long to respond to comments.  I've just been doing stuff that has been taking up time that I usually use for blogging.

Anyhow, I did this to my phone the other day:


Fantastic, right?

Well, I did need an updated phone anyway, I suppose.  So, I got this:


A new iPhone 6!

It is quite lightweight and skinny, but definitely bigger than my old iPhone 4.

Now, I'm going to let you in on a secret.  I use my phone to take all my photos for the blog.  Maybe you had already figured this out because often my photos aren't super great quality.  I decided to use my phone because the old camera I own is not as good as the camera in the iPhone (even the old 4).  I think my photos are sufficient for what I do here on the blog, although I will admit that some swatches require a bit of tweaking to try to get the color more true to life.  I'm hoping this new iPhone with the improved camera will take more true to color photos.

The new iPhone has James Bond spy-esque fingerprint recognition technology that seems crazily futuristic to me.

I'm having fun with my new phone.  I think it may take me a while to learn how to use it to its full potential, and to get used to how light and skinny it is.

How old is your cell phone (if you have one!)?

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about your old phone, but hooray for new ones! I use a Blackberry Z10 that's about a year and a half old. Not a bad phone overall, although the camera doesn't perform well in low light situations. I use my DSLR camera for the majority of blog stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camera phones are pretty sophisticated these days, but they certainly don't have the capabilities actual cameras have (changing the aperture and such). I'm sure a DSLR captures colors and details nicely!

    ReplyDelete