Sunday, March 3, 2013

CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Review

CoverGirl introduced a line of chubby lip pencils called LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm for the spring.  They come in 16 colors, are self-sharpening, and contain shea and mango butters for hydration.  These are described by CoverGirl as having sheer color, a smooth look, and having a soft shine without a sticky feeling.


These are packaged in a black tube with a cap that matches the color of the balm. The name of the color isn't anywhere on the stick once you remove the plastic wrapping, but it has a sticker on the bottom with the number of the color.

I decided to try Ballet Twist, a light nude pink with gold pearlecence.




Without flash

With flash


It has a faint "lipsticky" scent when applied, but isn't noticeable after application.

It feels lightweight and smooth (although it catches a little on dry flakes on my chapped lips), however this formula doesn't give as much shine (although CoverGirl does describe them as having soft shine) as I was expecting, nor quite as much hydration.  Don't get me wrong, it's still moisturizing, but less than I expected.  I like my balms on the thicker side.

Most of the shine comes from the gold in this color.  I think the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks and the Clinique Chubby Sticks give more shine and moisture.  They are also a little more slick than the CoverGirl Gloss Balm on the lips.

GoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist

This lasts 2-3 hours on me before I feel like I need to reapply it.

I do think this is a very pretty color, and I do like the formula, although I think I prefer the Neutrogena Color Stick formula.

Have you tried any of the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment