Thursday, February 21, 2013

JinSoon Nostalgia

Celebrity manicurist Jin Soon Choi recently created a line of nail lacquers.  They come in 12 colors, ranging from light pink and nude to red, purple, and teal.  Since I don't have any true nudes in my nail polish collection, I decided to try Nostalgia, which is described as a pink beige.




Sephora says:  "A high-gloss, long-lasting nail lacquer with a chip-proof finish and a rapid drying time."

I have to agree with this description.  This nail polish is so glossy you don't even need a top coat.  Nostalgia gives opaque coverage in three coats, and dries quickly (three coats dries completely in about 15 minutes).  It comes in a square bottle with a pull-off top that reveals the screw-off top underneath.  The brush is wide and flat on one side, which makes it easy to get coverage on the whole nail with about three strokes.


You can see the brush is flat on one side

On me, it is a nude with a little pink to keep it from looking grey or overly beige.  I had a little difficulty capturing the color because there was no direct sunlight for the photos.  This is a cream finish with no shimmer.
I love this nail polish.  It elongates the look of my fingers and is a very elegant color.  Brights may be the trend for spring, but there is something to be said for wearing an understated nude every now and then.

Without flash

With flash

JinSoon nail lacquers are a "five-free" formula, meaning they are formaldehyde, toluene, DPB, and camphor free.  They are $18 and can be found at Sephora.

1 comment: