Friday, March 20, 2015

First Day of Spring Look of the Day

Happy Spring Equinox!!  Who else besides me is absurdly excited about spring?

I matched my eyeshadow to the top I'm wearing.  And, yes, my hair is pulled back in a clip again.  And I forgot to put in some earrings.







Eyes:  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster (iridescent lilac) on the moving lid
           Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Asphyxia (lilac with blue shift) on the moving lid
           Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eyeshadow in Sandstone (matte light caramel) in the crease
           Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eyeshadow in Bone (matte ivory) under the brow
           Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Tornado (shimmery plum) on the upper lashline
                       --- I patted some of Asphyxia over the liner to give it a more iridescent look
           Tarina Tarantino Hyper Liner in Spark of Envy (shimmery teal) on the lower lashline
           L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara




Cheeks: Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek Palette in Candy Cameo

Lips: Clinique Quickliner for Lips in Sky Violet
          Lipstick Queen Let Them Eat Cake lipstick

from left: NYX Oyster Jumbo Eye Pencil, Urban Decay Asphyxia eyeshadow, Urban Decay Tornado eyeliner (I swatched Asphyxia over the top half of the swatch), Tarina Tarantino Spark of Envy eyeliner, Tarina Tarantino Candy Cameo blush, Clinique Sky Violet Quciliner for Lips, Lipstick Queen Let Them Eat Cake lipstick

I think Clinique Sky Violet lip liner is perfect with Lipstick Queen Let Them Eat Cake.

The combination of NYX's Oyster Jumbo Eye Pencil and Urban Decay's Asphyxia eyeshadow is one of my favorites for spring.



These are definitely crocus colors.  I can't wait to see more in my garden (there is a white one and a yellow one blooming already!).

11 comments:

  1. I am very excited about spring! If only it wasn't snowing heavily here in New York (which it is right now, boo-hoo.) Both your eye makeup and shirt are a lovely color. I really like the liner! So wonderfully purpley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye makeup is always on point! I absolutely love these colors paired together. I'm super excited for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so ready for Spring and this is a perfect look for the season! The combo of purple and teal has always been super pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that it snowed in New York. Booooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something hopeful about spring with all the new growth and life and such.


    Green/teal and purple are one of my favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jennifer! It seems like this winter has been quite long with February being so cold (I assume it was cold in Toronto!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth Herdegen StumpMarch 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM

    I love these colors on you! The lipstick is perfect with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I think the cool tones of the lipstick pair nicely with the purple eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're confidence to wear bright colours and the way to manage to put them together to look sophisticated never ceases to astound me! :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I thought it really brought out the iridescence of Asphyxia.

    ReplyDelete