Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chicago Travel Makeup Bag

I just got back from a trip to Chicago with my family (minus my husband because he had to work (sad face)), and I thought I'd show you what I took in my makeup bag.  If I showed you my skincare, this post would take forever to read.  Besides, I like looking at travel makeup bags more than travel skincare stuff.




Face: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
             NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
             Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Powder
             NYX Pore Filler primer
             CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
                       --- I wanted more coverage for the evening events
             MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme Sunscreen SPF 50 (skincare I put in my makeup bag)

Emma was helping me pack.

Cheeks: LORAC Unzipped Cheek Palette
                 Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls (Translucent Pearl)


Eyes:  Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion
              L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara
              Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
              ColourPop Eyeshadows in Sequin, I Heart This, Krinkle, So Quiche, Cricket
                         --- I wanted to show these to my sister, which is why I took 5 of them
              Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eyeshadow in Sandstone (I use this as a blending shadow)
              Kat Von D Trooper Tattoo Liquid Liner
              Revlon Colorstay Skinny Liquid Liner in Electric Blue
              Tarina Tarantino Hyperliner in Spark of Envy
              Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in LSD/Perversion

Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Auburn



I think I actually did a decent job on not taking too many eyeshadows.  I mean too many for me.

Please no judgements on the number of lippies I took.


Lipsticks: Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine in Pink Dragon
                      Milani Lipstick in Matte Orchid
                      MAC Creamsheen Lipstick in Sunny Seoul
                      Lipstick Queen Let Them Eat Cake
                      YSL Rouge Volupté in Opera Rose
                      ColourPop Lippie Stix in Fetch and Fancy
                           --- I wanted to show these to my sister, too

Lip Pencils: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Nectar
                          NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Nude Pink
                          Clinique Quickliner for Lips in Sky Violet
                          Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Turn On
                          ColourPop Lippie Pencils in Fancy, Frieda, Lumière
                            --- again, to show my sister (and wear)

Lipgloss: Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked
                     MAKE UP FOR EVER Lab Shine Diamond Collection Lipgloss in D14
                     NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm
                     NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait

Yeah, I took a lot of lip products.  Yeesh.  I used almost all of them.  I changed my lip colors for each event we attended.  Impressive, right?

I plan on having a post about the trip and all the events soon!

In case you were curious, this was a four day trip...

9 comments:

  1. Ah, kitty paw! These are some lovely picks! That blush palette looks amazing and I need to try ColourPop (yes, Canadian spelling ;)) soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lorac blush palette seemed perfect for this trip because it has blush colors of every kind (cool, warm, neutral, and bronze). Plus it's nice and slim.


    ColourPop stuff is definitely fun, and I have to admit, I like the fact that they spelled the brand name with a u. I've often thought "colour" versus "color" is more elegant and somehow more correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job! The cheek palette is a good idea! ...THE LIPPIES LOL! Thats me too but WORSE...just wait till you see my What's in My Purse video next week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called my sister specifically to ask her how many lipsticks were appropriate for a four day trip. She said 17. I ended up only taking 7 lipsticks (but 18 lip products total).


    I can't wait to see what's in your purse! I'm nosy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! Its kinda of boring besides one special bag that's in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of lip products, but you know better than anyone how many you'll actually use. I usually only pack a few lip products for a 4 day trip, but then realize after I get there that there were half a dozen more hiding in the crevices of my purse. Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lipsticks, lip balms, lip glosses all seem to hide out in my purse, too. I try to keep them in a little bag in my purse, but I always find some stashed in various pockets when I'm switching purses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was maybe a little excessive, but I had fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete