Friday, November 29, 2013

Maybelline The Elixir Color Sensational Lipgloss in Blush Essence Swatches and Review

Maybelline just introduced some new glosses that are supposed to be a mix of a pigmented lip color, lip balm, and shiny gloss.  I have Blush Essence (095) to show you today.


The packaging is pretty clever as it looks like a lipstick bullet from the outside.  The applicator is a flat elongated triangle-shape which makes it possible to apply the gloss without having to re-dip a million times.  It has a slight sweet scent which I don't really notice after application, but it may be that I'm not as sensitive to certain scents as others.  I get maybe 3 hours of wear before the color really starts to fade.  The gloss is nicely moisturizing and has a squishy, balmy feel to it, and is quite comfortable to wear.  I think Maybelline did a nice job with the formula.




Blush Essence is a cool-toned rosy pink with very subtle tiny silver shimmers.  It has a decent amount of pigment and gives my lips a nice dose of color and shine. (I usually go over my lips with a few swipes of the wand.)

daylight bulb
natural light (cloudy)
flash
daylight bulb

flash

I'm really digging this gloss.  The formula is quite excellent and the color is lovely.  It's a winner in my book!

Any thoughts on the new Maybelline Color Elixirs?

2 comments:

  1. the inverted side of its packaging looks like a lipstick to me ^^ it will probably take time before this line reach my country, am looking forward to see what other colors they have :)

    ReplyDelete