Monday, April 28, 2014

Orange Lips

One of the big makeup trends this spring is orange lip colors.  Not coral or peach, but orange.  I don't actually own more than two "true" orange lip products, but I have a few that are kind of orange-y or orange-ish.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous -- This is probably the truest orange lippie I own.  It has a smooth and balmy texture on application and can be easily sheered out to make the color less intense.  It isn't as moisturizing as a regular balm, but it is not drying (like I thought it would be because of the staining effect).  It's a medium orange with a little shimmer.

MAC Tinted Lipglass in Pink Lemonade -- A pearly, peachy pinky orange with quite a lot of pigmentation.  It is a Tinted Lipglass, so it's got the vanilla scent and the stickiness that MAC Lipglasses are known for.  I love this in the summer.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse in Sunset Angora -- This definitely has pink in it, but I think it's a wee bit orange-y.  It has a lovely, light balmy feel that I find slightly moisturizing.  I think it looks great with cheek colors like warm pinks, corals, peaches, and even just bronzer.  I've even worn it with a cool-toned pink blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface), and thought it worked well.

Jemma Kidd Ultimate Lipstick Duo in Ingrid -- A dark orange-y coral with a little red in it.  It has a balm on one end and a lipstick on the other.  The lipstick is quite creamy, so I'm not sure why a balm is paired with it.  I wish the bullet was bigger.  I feel like I'm going to use this up quickly, and it's a discontinued product, I believe (I bought mine on amazon.com).

Shiseido The Makeup Lipgloss in G13 Red Coral -- I consider this to be the other true orange lip product I own, although it is on the sheer side, so quite a bit of my natural lip color shows through.  This is a dinosaur in my collection, and I don't think it's available anymore except maybe on ebay or possibly amazon.com.  It it a sheer, sparkly orange that looks much darker and brighter in the tube than on the lips.

from left: Revlon Balm Stain in Rendezvous, MAC Lipglass in Pink Lemonade, L'Oreal Colour Caresse in Sunset Angora, Jemma Kidd Lipstick Duo in Ingrid, Shiseido Lip Gloss in Red Coral

So, there are my most orange-y lip colors.  My favorite is the Revlon Balm Stain in Rendezvous.  I have been considering adding NYX Lip Butter Gloss in Cherry Cheesecake to my collection...

Do you have any favorite orange lippies?

P.S. Sorry about the lack of lip swatches.  I'm feeling supremely lazy.

9 comments:

  1. The Revlon Balm stain looks stunning!
    I love a good coral lip a hot summer day.
    Lovely collection!!!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! That Pink Lemonade looks lovely! I think I'll have to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corals and hot weather seem to go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's got a lot of dimension because of all the pearliness. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Peripera lip stain looks like it gives the lips a perfect "I just ate a popsicle" vibe. I've never tried a really opaque orange lip. It certainly looks awesome on some people, but I'm not sure I've got the nerve to try it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks! I'm absolutely bonkers for orange lipsticks. Revlon Rendezvous is one of my favourites and I'm also smitten with MAC Sheen Supreme in Korean Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Korean Candy looks like a really rich orange! (I googled it -- I always check out recommendations/favorites)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any orange lipsticks that I can think of! I am just afraid it will make my teeth look more yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find yellow-y oranges tough to pull off, but the ones with pink in them (that lean a little coral) and that are a little sheer are actually pretty easy to wear.

    ReplyDelete