Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick In Blush Glow Swatches and Simple Review

Elizabeth Arden has a somewhat new lipstick that I had to try.  I worked at an Elizabeth Arden counter a million years ago, so I'm kind of attached to the brand.  The new formula, called Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick, promises to be long-lasting, hydrating, and highly pigmented.


From elizabetharden.com: Lush, luxurious color that lasts for 12 hours. Keep lips moisturized all day with a single swipe of long-lasting, high pigment color that’s comfortable to wear and sumptuously soft. 

First off, the packaging is, in my opinion, really cool.  The shape of the case is meant to represent the red door that the spas are known for.  It's become their signature logo.

The logo is also embossed on the lipstick bullet.


Blush Glow is a shimmery, pinky rose.  Or is it a rosy pink?

slightly blurry to show the sparkle

The formula is creamy but lightweight, so it's quite comfortable on the lips (I agree with their claim on that aspect of the lipstick).  It's thinner and lighter feeling than a balm, but still feels moisturizing upon application.  My lips feel decently hydrated for as long as I'm wearing the lipstick.  It wears for about 3 hours before I feel like I need to freshen up the color.  The lipstick has a slight sweet scent but no flavor or taste.

Blush Glow is slightly sheer, so I like to apply a couple of layers.

daylight bulb

flash


daylight bulb

You can see it has a somewhat glossy finish, which eventually looks a little more satin after a couple hours of wear.

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Blush Glow is a pretty, natural looking pink that is definitely comfortable to wear.  I would say it's decently hydrating for a lipstick, and has medium pigmentation.  Obviously, other colors in this formula may perform differently (I wouldn't be surprised if the cream colors are even more moisturizing and more pigmented).  This lipstick is quickly becoming a favorite because Blush Glow goes with everything, and the formula is so lovely.

I also love admiring the shiny tube.

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipsticks are $25 USD (so they are a bit of a splurge).

No comments:

Post a Comment