Thursday, August 15, 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy Swatches and Review

One of my favorite eyeshadow crayons is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy.



The Glide-On Shadow pencils are chunky, creamy crayons that require sharpening.  The pencil matches the color of the shadow, so they are easy to find when they are hanging out in a large group of other pencils/crayons (I would know).

Midnight Cowboy is described by Urban Decay as beige with silver sparkle.  It is a shimmery champagne with silver glitter.

indoor light

flash

natural light
natural light and out of focus so you can see the glitter
This particular color creases on me a very little after about an hour without a primer underneath, but the creasing doesn't seem to get worse after that first hour.  The base color is actually pretty budgeproof once it sets.

It is creamy as it applies, but feels a little sticky on my eyes after a few hours of wear.  I haven't noticed any glitter fallout, I think because it is in a creamy, somewhat sticky base.

I find Midnight Cowboy in this creamy pencil much easier to wear than the original powder version because I don't end up with glitter all over my face (although that is fun sometimes).  I like to wear it on it's own, all over the moving lid.  It is a pretty, neutral base color with just a wink of sparkle that is really only noticeable when the eyes are closed.


The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil comes in 13 colors and are $20 (of note: Mercury (gunmetal) and Narc (mossy green) are on sale for $11 on the Urban Decay website right now).

I reviewed the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Mercury here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,

    Nice Blog, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    For more information on how to receive the award, go to this link below.

    http://thetownblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/hi-readers-lovely-tanya-from.html

    Good Luck
    Natasha
    xx

    ReplyDelete