Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick and Gloss Swatches and Quick Review

Poppy King is an Australian lipstick entrepreneur.  Lipstick is her passion and she couldn't find a perfect lipstick for herself, so she decided to create her own line.  Her original line included very pigmented lipsticks, but she has branched out into sheerer lipsticks and glosses.  She wanted to create a lipstick and gloss that would be a perfect color to wear with jeans.




The lipstick is packaged in a very pretty metallic blue tube, and the gloss is a squeezy tube with a brush that makes precise application easy.

These both have a lovely rosy pink color that to me has little berry in it to my eye.

from left:  Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipgloss, Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick
(natural light)
The gloss is quite shiny, very slightly thick, but not goopy or sticky at all.  It feels nice and moisturizing during wear.  The lipstick is fairly sheer and has some nice shine to it.  It also feels nicely moisturizing.

The gloss definitely gives me a my lips but better look, but the lipstick gives my lips a little more color.

no color
Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Gloss

Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick

Lipstick Queen Jean Queen Lipstick and Lipgloss together
I actually think these are great for fall when rosy-berry colors fit with the cooler weather.  I know I'll be wearing these frequently then.

Both the gloss and the lipstick are $20 and can be found at beauty.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment