Monday, August 19, 2013

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Vision in Violet

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara has been around since the 1970's.  It is one of the best (if not the best) selling mascaras and supposedly one is sold every 1.7 seconds. They just released their limited edition collection of colored Great Lash mascaras. I've been wanting to try a purple mascara for ages now, so when I heard this collection was coming out I thought I would try to find the Vision in Violet color.  I was able to find the last one at my local CVS.



This is my first experience with Great Lash.  It seems to give okay length with no real volume and a fairly natural look to the lashes.  It doesn't clump too much and feels only slightly "crunchy" on the lashes.  It removes easily with makeup remover or soap and water.  (I think there are far more impressive mascaras on the market and I think it remains a best seller simply because it has been around forever and people have just stuck with what they know.  Formulas and brushes have improved so much since the 70's.)

Vision in Violet just gives a little bit of purple color to the lashes.  I haven't tried this over a white lash primer (because I don't own one), so it may show up with much more color over one.

indoor light

natural light

no mascara

natural light

indoor light
You can see a little hint of purple on the lashes.  I was hoping this would be slightly more vibrant, but I kind of like that it adds a little bit of of color without being over the top.  I'm pretty "meh" on the formula though.

I think if I want a more vibrant purple I might need to try the new Butter London Wink mascara in Indigo Punk or a LASplash Lash Splash colored mascara.

This collection contains 6 colors and is limited edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment