Friday, October 4, 2013

What's Blooming In My Garden October 2013 Edition

I'm showing off the chrysanthemums (along with some other plants) that finally bloomed in my garden.

Here's what I've got in my little sun garden:

Chrysanthemum


Nepeta (aka Catmint) -- this one blooms all summer into the fall


In the flower pots some Snapdragons and Petunias are still blooming:

yellow Snapdragon

orange Snapdragon along with a purple Persian Shield
purple Petunia


And in the front garden:

Heuchera (aka Coral Bells) -- these re-bloomed (they bloom in early summer)


Foxglove -- these normally bloom in early summer, but this one decided to re-bloom


Hydrangea -- as the weather has gotten cooler and the days shorter, the blooms have 
                         turned a beautiful dusty rose




Here's what our carnivorous plant pot looks like:

We had to add a bunch of rocks to deter the squirrels that were digging up the plants.  The rocks ended up looking cooler then we expected!
Thanks for taking today's garden tour with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment