Thursday, December 11, 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Loveliness

I acquired the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette recently (yay for birthday presents!), and have had a couple of occasions to play with it.  I am actually still(!) sick, so I haven't been wearing much makeup at all over the past month, but I did put some on last week and came up with this look.







Eyes: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (matte white) as a sticky base on the moving part of the lid
          from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
                   --- Candied Violet (sparkling purple) on the moving lid
                   --- Amaretto (brown with pink shimmer) in the crease and lightly on the lower lashline
                   --- Salted Caramel (matte tan) above the crease
                   --- White Chocolate (matte cream) under the brow


from left: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Candied Violet, Candied Violet over NYX Milk, Amaretto, Salted Caramel, White Chocolate

You can see Candied Violet has a very sheer base color, so using a sticky base (like a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil) really helps make the color more vibrant.

          Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (black liquid liner)
          Mally Voluminous Mascara


Cheeks: from the Tarte Pin Up Girl blush palette -- Embraced (shimmery plum)

Lips: Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheep Lip Color in Sheer Berry


from left: Tarte Embraced blush, Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Lipstick in Sheer Berry


The Chocolate Bar palette is really quite fun to use.  I like looking at the chocolate bar packaging (even if it does make me want a Hershey's bar in the worst way), admiring the colors, and smelling the whole dang palette.






Even though I have only used the Chocolate Bar palette a few times, I can tell it's going to be a favorite of mine.  It's so versatile and lovely to use.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that lilac shade is perfect on you- so pretty! So glad you're loving the palette- it's one of my all-time faves too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen! I've been opening it everyday just to smell it, even if I don't use it on my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete