Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pass the Wine (Look of the Day)

I'm attempting to come up with witty names for my face of the day posts.  Probably a bad idea.  The "wine" I'm referring to is the shade "Sangria" from the Anastasia Tamanna Palette I used today.






With flash:





Eyes:
      from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
                --- Bengal (matte tan) in the crease and a little above
                --- China Rose (shimmery peach) on the moving lid
                --- Sangria (shimmery red wine) on the outer third of the lid and crease, lower lashline
                --- Fresh (matte ivory) under the brow
                --- Blush (shimmery ivory) in the inner corner
                --- Noir (matte black) as liner on the upper lashline


from left: Bengal, China Rose, Sangria, Fresh, Blush, Noir

Cheeks: Clinique Cheek Pop blush in Ginger Pop

Lips: Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Petalite

from left: Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop, Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Petalite


In the photos of my face the Revlon Petalite lip lacquer looks more cool toned than it really is.  The swatch is closer to the true color.

In case you were curious, Sangria from the Tamanna palette is pretty similar to MAC Cranberry eyeshadow.  Cranberry is a slightly browner, but they are awfully close.

from left: Sangria from the Tamanna palette, MAC Cranberry eyeshadow
(natural light)

Here's one last shot of my face.  There always has to be at least one picture of me grinnin' like a fool.


Have a wonderful day my friends!!

8 comments:

  1. Love how Sangria looks on your lower lash line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Sangria looks perfect with your eyes and your lashes look incredible, as always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me some ideas on how to use this palette. I purchased it about a month ago and haven't opened it yet, lol. Honestly, I was thinking of gifting it - but couldn't part with it in the end. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! And yeah---pass the wine, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I can give you some ideas, Kimmy! It is a gorgeous palette. I'm glad I nabbed it when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jennifer! Sangria is so gorgeous and soft and pigmented and great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Tanya! My husband said it was redder than he prefers, but it still looked pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete