Thursday, May 22, 2014

One Proud Sister

My little sister graduated from the University of Wisconsin this past weekend!  My parents and I (my husband couldn't come) travelled to Madison to celebrate and take part in all sorts of graduation festivities.
This is my little sister, the graduate!

Commencement took place in Camp Randall Stadium.

She's down there somewhere.

She decorated her cap (and has a good sense of humor about her college career).


We had a really elegant breakfast party before Commencement (note the orange juice carton).

Red and white roses, of course.

After Commencement and on Sunday, we took a million pics of her in her cap and gown around the campus. (I'll only show you a few.)

With my parents in front of Lake Mendota


With the fighting badger in front of Camp Randall Stadium


And, with Abe Lincoln in front of Bascom Hall


Madison is quite a photogenic city.

Here was the view of Lake Mendota from my hotel room (and some roofs):


Here was the view of the capitol from my parents hotel room:


I also had to take some photos of the "Red Gym" (Armory and Gymnasium building) and Science Hall that my great-great grandfather designed.



And finally, just a couple of pics of the Dale Chihuly piece that hangs in the Kohl Center (where Wisconsin basketball games are held) because I think it is stunning.



I am so proud of my sister that I could just burst!


She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Languages and Cultures of Asia with certificates in South Asian Studies and Environmental Studies.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister! And haha at the cap decoration. What sort of degree did she get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She earned a BA in Language and Cultures of Asia (she speaks Hindi), with a certificate (sort of a minor) in South Asian Studies and a certificate in Environmental Studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your sister and you...LOL! I loved all the pictures but that one of Dale Chihuly piece was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Beth! Chihuly is one of my favorite artists. Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete